THRIVE 2020 - New 4 Year Strategy
The headteacher launched a new 4 Year Strategy for St Margaret's at the Governor and Staff Conference last night.
The strategy looks at three main themes in order for it to enable children to 'be the best they can be.' It builds on its success during the last few years and uses the latest research to make child's abilities, whether more able or additional need, the centre of our work.
It also looks at how we build partnerships with local schools including, how we harness the opportunities from forming a Diocesan multi-academy trust.
Principal themes are:
- All level leadership and teaching grounded in best practice
- A regional leader in the integration of research in education, underpinning an inspirational pupil experience
- Addressing challenges through our subject excellence and distinctive multi-disciplinary team approach
- An accessible, stakeholder-engaged and faith driven organisation that fosters a love of learning.
- St Margaret’s: in Orford, of Orford and for Orford
- Delivering regional impact through a network of innovative local and regional activities, collaborations and partnership
A full copy of the draft strategy can be found here: THRIVE 2020 Strategy
Summer Reading Challenge - Roald Dahl
We are setting the children a Summer Challenge this year all linked to Roald Dahl. It is his birthday in September and we are going to visit Tatton Hall in which there are featured activities all about his books.
To prepare for this we are encouraging children to tke part in our Summer Challenge. Completed challenge sheets should be returned to school on the first day back with an opportunity to win a Kindle!
Further information can be found on:
Year group specific sheets can be found here:
Good luck with all your reading, book reviewing and making/designing!
Following twenty weeks of preparation, with fortnightly visits at Beamont Collegiate Academy's English Dept, the BOLD partnership celebrated wonderful outstanding primary writers in Waterstones' Book Shop ( Warrington). Our seven Year 5 writers developed some fantastic stories and attended the event, meeting authors Cathy Cassidy and John Meyhew.
Look athe BOLD website (managed by St Margaret's) for further information: BOLD