Curriculum & Leadership Consultancy
SUPPORT THROUGH WARRINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Chris Metcalfe, the Executive Headteacher for two days a week leads a team of Senior & Associate School Advisers for Warrington Borough Council as Executive Head of School Improvement. He also takes resposibility within this role to secure challenge and support to those schools identified as in need of Enhanced or Intensive Support by WBC. The team of Associate Advisers is made up of Headteachers across Warrington and beyond, as well as those who have worked in system leadership roles in the North West. Currently the primary team include:
- Louise Atkin, Senior Adviser (Early Years & Inclusion)
- Anne Jones, Senior Adviser (Primary) (consultant basis)
- Cath Cooke, Associate Adviser with Porfolio for NQTs (Headteacher of Gorse Covert Primary Academy (OCT)
- Lesley Sweeney, Associate Adviser with Portfolio for SACRE (Headteacher of Ravenbank Primary School)
- Dominic Vernon, Associate Adviser with Portfolio for Ambition Leadership (Headteacher of St Vincent's Catholic)
- Sue Dymond, Associate Adviser (Executive Head of Winwick CE Primary School)
- Chris Jones, Associate Adviser (Executive Head based at Bruche Primary Academy (WPAT))
- Vicky Briggs, Associate Adviser (Headteacher of Great Sankey Primary Academy (TCAT))
- Colleen Everett, Associate Adviser (Headteacher of Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School)
- Kelly Jackson, Associate Adviser (Headteacher of Grappenhall Hey Primary School)
- Mandy Dodd, Associate Adviser (Headteacher of Cucheth Primary School)
- David Fann, Associate Adviser (Executive Headteacher for schools in Lancashire as need arises)
- Gill Bennett, System Leader (previously an Asst Director for St Helen's BC)
There are two ASAs that support high schools and two that support special schools.
The team is reviewed annually by WBC. They provide support and challenge to headteachers, senior leaders and governors as improvement officers; in curriculum development, readiness for external scrutiny, headteacher performance management advice, school reviews, training and CPD, and governance training. If you consider your school would benefit from this support please contact the Executive Headteacher's team admin at the local authority, Lisa Adams on 01925 442987 or email ladams(@)warrington.gov.uk.
SUPPORT AVAILABLE DIRECT FROM THE SCHOOL
We have experienced and innovative teachers and school leaders who are well-placed to provide both formal and informal support and challenge to professionals and practitioners. The difference between our consultancy and other providers is that our consultants are doing what they advise on a daily basis in a normal classroom. Browse our list of specialists:
Paula Spenceley is a highly capable and competent subject leader with expertise in mastery mathematics. Applying her significant experience as a subject leader in two schools, enabling them to realise improved standards, Paula has expertise in coaching teachers and working with teams across KS1 and KS2. Paula, as a Specialist Leader in Education, now co-ordinates all the maths CPD programmmes for Warrington Teaching School Alliance and is currently leading a maths networks for local schools. She is also a Primary Specialist Maths Teacher with the Turin Maths Hub.
Adam Lankertis is a Specialist Leader in Education for mathematics, particularly skilled in Year 1 - 3 learning provision. Adam is one of our three mentors in school for initial teacher training and has led on our Early Reading provision with Reseach focussed work.
Matthew Boyle, in his second Deputy Headship, now Head of School, has vast knowledge of assessment systems and their application to the classroom. With particular expertise in the assessment of writing, noted at local authority level, he has been a Year 6 Local Authority Moderator in two LAs and is now the Lead Moderator for Warrington Borough Council.
English & SEN
Emma Fleming, as Assistant Headteacher, is an experienced fully qualified Every Child a Reader Teacher and is well-placed to provide support in reading through into writing. Emma has a track record of supporting staff in guided reading and the use of phonics. Emma is highly experienced in conducting the National phonics test to Year 1 pupils. Emma leads on inclusion and has significant experience in this field, asked regularly to sit on the LA provision and placement panels.
Chris Metcalfe, Headteacher, is in his nineteenth year of headship, having undertaken a number of school improvement and system leadership roles. Chris has been in senior leadership roles in four authorities and different settings from removing school from special measures to outstanding status schools; recently as headteacher in this school and previously in Lancashire and East Sussex. In these roles he has been an Associate Head across two schools, Chaired a number of small and large networks, worked as an accredited School Improvement Partner for a local authority and worked in OFSTED.
Pricing and Protocols
We do not have complicated protocols - simply time efficient support in a timely manner. Early establishing of expectations of support enable satisfaction. In the rare event of dissatisfaction, please contact the Yvonne in the first instance.
In event where work is obtained or commissioned through Warrington Teaching School Alliance their protocols and pricing will apply.