Vacancy Details – Post 2109
ST MARGARET’S CE PRIMARY SCHOOL
School Road, Orford, Warrington, WA2 9AD
Post: Achievement Mentor
Contract: Temporary (wef: 01/11/21 or sooner) until 31/08/2022.
This post is funded from a specific section of the school’s budget, supporting targeted work.
Scale: Level 3 TA Equivalent – Grade 5: SCP 8-14
Salary 35 hrs: £20,493 - £23,080 Pro rata term time only (Actual: £16,532 - £18,619 per annum)
Full Time – 35 hours per week (8.30 – 4.00pm), or
Part time – 15 hours per week (1.00 – 4.00pm), or single afternoons (please state on application letter)
The Governing Body is currently seeking a high quality achievement mentor with a proven track record, highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated, and have the ability to inspire children.
Applications are welcomed by candidates who consistently perform, and have a recent track record, of high quality intervention within an education setting. Qualified Teacher Status is desirable but not essential.
Applications are welcome from support staff, teachers and other professionals who consistently teach at a high standard and can demonstrate a positive contribution to pupil achievement.
An Application Pack is available from the school's website (www.st-margarets.warrington.sch.uk) or from the school office at the above address. Visits to the school are welcome. Please see school website for details.
We are committed to safeguarding our children and each other. The successful candidates will be required to apply for enhanced DBS disclosure
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 12th October, 12pm
Interviews: Friday 15th October 2021
Appointment Contact: Mrs Ann McGuiness
Visits to the school are possible and can be booked via Eventbrite:
Visit 3.45pm 30th September 2021 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pm-achievement-mentor-with-qts-vacancy-visit-tickets-178013472087
Visit 9.45am 1st October 2021 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/achievement-mentor-with-qts-vacancy-visit-tickets-178006100037
Midday Assistants Temporary Positions
Part Time, Term Time
St Margaret’s CE Primary School
Warrington, WA2 9AD
Hours: 6.25 hours per week, 1 hour 15 mins per day 12pm – 1.15pm
Salary: Grade 3 SCP4-5 Hourly rate £9.81 - £10.01 per hour (£227-£231 per month approx)
Contract: Temporary contract
The Governors wish to appoint a committed, highly motivated, dedicated and caring person to join our team of Midday Assistants, supervising children from Reception to Year 6 during lunchtimes, working 5 days per week.
Duties will include:
- Acting as an excellent role model for the children and promoting the school’s Christian Values
- Encouraging the children to develop their personal and social skills through modelled play and promoting excellent behaviour at all times
- Interacting with the children and using initiative to organise activities to engage them on the playground (or in the classroom when it is wet play)
- Supervising children to and from the hall and during mealtimes
- Encouraging children to eat correctly and to develop independence in clearing away
- Cleaning and putting away tables, brushing the floor as needed
- Attending Midday Assistant meetings and training
- Having due regard for all school policies especially those relating to behaviour, safeguarding, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
This position may become permanent on completion of a successful probationary period. Please be aware that this is a Term Time position and holidays/days off will not be allowed during term time.
Or by telephone: 01925 634207
CLOSING DATE: Friday 8th October 2021 at 3.30pm
INTERVIEW DATE: Wednesday 13th October 2021
If you would like to volunteer to support pupil learning please contact the school office.
If you are considering teaching as a career please enquire at the school office and we can put you in touch with our School Direct Programme run through Warrington Teaching School Alliance.