Growing in Faith Adventure Award - Working Towards
We are looking to further our work in bringing home, school and church together in mission.
“Growing Faith seeks to bring the three spheres of church, households and schools together—in how we think and in what we do—for
ministry with children and young people to enable them to live out a lifelong faith in the whole of life.”
Further information can be found here: http://www.going4growth.com/growth_in_faith_and_worship/the-growing-faith-adventure
Listen to the podcast: https://www.churchofengland.org/our-faith/faith-home/growing-faith-adventure-podcast-old
Digital Charter - we signed up!
The digital landscape has changed so much in the last few years and will continue to do so as technology develops. It’s important to think about how the conversations we’re having can help change someone’s newsfeed for the better.
What does it look like to be a Christian online? There are a number of ways we can make the digital world as loving and generous as we would when speaking face to face:
- Truth - we should hold ourselves to high ideals of checking that what we post online is fair and factual.
- Kindness - we are all different and that makes the world an interesting place – and at times a challenging one. Think the best of people, whether they share our views or are speaking against them and aim to be constructive in the way we engage.
- Welcome - in the language we use and the way we interact. It’s easy for Christians to speak in another language using words that those outside the Church might not relate to.
- Inspiration - we are called to be witnesses of our faith and to use social media in a way that genuinely engages others.
- Togetherness - we are one Church and other members of this Church are our brothers and sisters in Christ. It is crucial we treat those around us in this way.
- Safeguarding - if you have any concerns about the wellbeing of children, young people and vulnerable adults, please the school or LA.
- Agree to the schools and Church’s and Archbishops’ social media guidelines.
Christian Aid - Global Neighbours Award - Awarded November 2022
This is a national award that celebrates the impact on situations that need support at a global level, both in work in school and work internationally. Our church distinctive partnerships have enabled us to influence the lives through the projects and activities below:
November 2022 celebrated our latest award. This time for our excellent work in being courageous advocates for justice in other continents.
Recognising our work to support Numrata Shah Children’s Home in Kenya and the New Life Baby Rescue Centre in Nairobi as well as our charities closer to home, Christian Aid were keen to showcase our efforts and it was a joy to have their trustee, the wife of Bishop Julius of Thika, to thank the children personally in her visit to school.
Church School Partnership Award
Awarded by Bishop Jill, Bishop of Warrington at the opening of our outdoor prayer space, this award was given for the tremendous partnership work we undertake between the parish school and the parish church. Committed to muual flourishing the support and vision shared between school and parish inspires many activities. We also work and reach out to other parishes when opportunities arise.