Please note that FSM vouchers are only for parents of:
- nursery children in receipt of 30 hour provision AND they have met the income criteria tested by the local authority
- infant children Y1 - Y2 : NOT for Universal Infant Free School Meals but for those parents meet the income criteria tested by the local authority
- junior children Y3 - Y4 : those parents meet the income criteria tested by the local authority
For week beg. 20 April (National Edenred Vouchers): We will be implementing the national FSM voucher scheme. The school has received guidance and will be implementing a process to collect your preferred email during this next week. We will then cross check these emails against our school database and Parent Pay data. Those entitled to FSM will receive a text and we will ask for you to complete an online form. It is essential that you accurately fill in this form as it will affect the national database release of vouchers. Errors will be much harder to rectify and you may lose out on voucher if it is entered incorrectly.
For wk/beg.13 April (School/Wonde Vouchers): Food vouchers will be issued for this week - this is a change from previous government policy. The vouchers will be assigned to the school run system via Wonde at the value of £15.00 per child.
For wk/beg. 6 April (School/Wonde Vouchers): Food vouchers have been issued for this week - this is a change from previous government policy. The vouchers were assigned to the school run system via Wonde on Friday 3 April at the value of £15.00 per child.
For wk/beg. 30 March (School/Wonde Vouchers): We have issued on 27/03/20 one voucher to parents to the new local authority/national amount of £15 per week. These have been accessed by parents
For wk/beg. 23 March (School/Wonde Vouchers): We have now issued three vouchers to parents to the previous local authority recommended amount of £20 per week (actually we do £20.70);
- first one for £2.30 that is a trail and does not have any payment behind it (this is our test process - which worked successfully!). We hope you will receive the value in due course so do not delete. (issued 23/03)
- second one for £11.50 which is a live voucher that can be redeemed at Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's or Morrisons (note once selected option cannot change) (issued on 24/03)
- third one for £9.20 which is also a live voucher as the second one (issued on 26/03)
General Free School Meal Information
We have worked with a company to offer those already registered on our database an electronic food voucher to be used at local supermarkets.
We need to know exactly who is to receive the voucher - please tell us on the form FREE SCHOOL MEALS FORM (form closed awaiting update on requirements from DfE scheme). This needs to be one of the persons you nominated as a priority on the Data Collection Sheet in September. Where details match we will issue vouchers tomorrow.
If your child is in school because they are already approved by school to be in, as parents are key workers or vulnerable, and they are entitled to Free School Meals they will receive a meal from our kitchen.
If your child is not in school but entitled to free School meals you will be sent an e-voucher using the mobile number or email as recorded in the schools SIMS database (from the data collection sheet in September.
WBC view is: 'Our understanding from the DfE guidance published to date that school’s responsibility to provide a meal for those children on free school meals is only for those whose family have been assessed and qualify based on their earnings. It does not cover all children on Universal Infant Free School Meals in Reception and Year’s 1 and 2 - not unless they have been assessed and qualify for FSM.'