Pastoral Support & Safeguarding
If you have a query or concern you should raise it with any of our school staff. Your child's classteacher would normally be your first point of contact. All staff have received basic training in safeguarding, inclusion and pupil premium.
We have specific staff if you wish to speak to someone who has significant experience and additional indepth training. Please ask in the school office and we will find the most suitable person to help you.
Our school has a core Pastoral Support Team which brings together the work of our:
- Vulnerable Children's Team (incl. Safeguarding)
- Inclusion Team
- Pupil Premium Team
It also manages our safeguarding work including the support of those children subject to child protection. Their role is to provide timely intervention to ensure that children's outcomes, particularly in terms of achievement and safety are secured.
You can find more about safeguarding in Warrington by looking at the website for the Safeguarding Partnership: https://www.warrington.gov.uk/info/201134/childrens-social-care-and-safeguarding/2478/warrington-safeguarding-partnership
The School Chaplain who is also the vicar of the school's church and Deanery Lead for Discipleship and Lay Leadership; Rev. Daniel Howard, is available for consultations for parents.
The Vulnerable Children's Team: Led by Miss E Fleming
- Miss Emma Fleming (Assistant Headteacher & Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs Joanna Brown (Pastoral Support and Safeguarding Manager)
- Mrs Sue Kirby (Early Help Co-ordinator/Family Support Worker - Thursdays & Fridays)
- Mr Matthew Boyle (Head of School)
- Mr Chris Metcalfe (Executive Headteacher)
The email for the Pastoral Support and Safeguarding Manager is stmargarets_safeguarding(@)warrington.gov.uk
The Inclusion Team: Led by Miss E Fleming
- Miss Emma Fleming (Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion) & SENCO)
- Mrs Laura Albon (Inclusion Case Management Assistant)
- Miss Catherine Maguire (EYFS Achievement Mentor - EYFS link to SENCO)
- Local Authority Educational Psychologist
The Inclusion Team email box is: inclusion(@)st-margarets.warrington.sch.uk
The Pupil Premium Team: Led by Mrs A Meager
- Mrs Amanda Meager (Assistant Headteacher (Standards)
- Mr Matthew Boyle (Deputy Headteacher)
- Miss Karen Morris (Achievement Mentor & Achievement Teacher)
- Mrs Karen Vernon (Achievement Mentor & Achievement Teacher)
- Miss Catherine Maguire (EYFS Achievement Mentor)
- Mrs Julie Henessey (Pupil Premium Admin)
Letter to Parents
I am writing to inform you that our school participates in a Police-led initiative called Operation Encompass, a scheme which will ensure that we can we can better support any child where a domestic incident has been reported to Police from their home.
Following a domestic incident, the Police will make contact with the school via telephone and communicate relevant information to nominated, fully-trained school staff. This will ensure that we are made aware early enough to support children and young people in a way that means they feel safe, supported and listen to.
Each school has a member of staff called a key adult who is trained to liaise with the police, when required, whilst ensuring support is available to the child.
The initiative was launched county-wide at the beginning of 2015. It is active in all Warrington schools across the local authority and in a number of schools in the areas of Halton, Cheshire West & Chester and Cheshire East with success. You can find out more about Operation Encompass via the following site: https://www.operationencompass.org/
If you would like to speak to someone further about the initiative, or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Brown.
We are committed to working in partnership with local relevant organisations to safeguard and protect children across Cheshire and provide the best possible care and support for our pupils.